CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE ADVICE
Please call the 24/7 Coronavirus Health Information Line Hotline – 1800 020 080 If you have:
- Travelled overseas in general and ( including transit through ) mainland China, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, or Indonesia in the 14 days before getting sick OR
- Had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having coronavirus, in the 14 days before getting sick.
AND if you have ANY of these following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
Please call the practice before an appointment is made and you will be transferred to the Doctor. Please do not book On-line. Please do not attend the practice without prior discussion with the Doctor. We thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
Information regarding Coronavirus –
There a few simple things everyone can do to help keep themselves and others safe:
- keep your hands clean by washing them often with soap and water or using hand sanitiser
- avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose as the virus can enter your body if it’s on your hands and you rub your eyes or touch your nose or mouth
- maintain social distance when you can, 1.5 metres between you and others is good
- if you think a surface may be infected, clean it with simple disinfectant to kill the virus and protect yourself and others
- sneeze and cough into your elbow rather than your hand
- use disposable tissues
- keep your distance from those who are coughing and sneezing
- stay home if you are unwell and call, not visit, your own GP or call Healthdirect on 1 800 022 222 for advice.
ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR TELEPHONE BOOKINGS AS PER NEW GOVERNMENT POLICY. PLEASE TICK – BULK BILL PHONE CONSULT WHEN BOOKING ONLINE OR ADVICE WHEN CALLING THE PRACTICE. WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE- MEDICAL CERTIFICATES / PRESCRIPTIONS / REFERRALS VIA TELEPHONE.
IF YOU WANT TO COME TO THE PRACTICE PLEASE CALL US TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
IF FORMS ARE TO BE COMPLETED PLEASE CALL THE PRACTICE.
IF YOU HAVE RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS / RUNNY NOSE / SORE THROAT / FEVER – PLEASE DO NOT BOOK ONLINE. PLEASE CALL THE PRACTICE FOR A TELEPHONE CONSULT AND ADVICE FROM THE DOCTOR AND YOU WILL BE SEEN IF NECESSARY.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH PERSONS CONFIRMED COVID-19 POSITIVE / HAVE BEEN OVERSEAS OR COME OFF A CRUISE SHIP AND ARE SHOWING ANY OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS PLEASE GO TO THE NEAREST CLINIC TO YOU LISTED BELOW:
COVID-19 CLINICS AT:
Blue Mountains Hospital (Education Unit) (9am to 5pm, 7 days)
Lithgow Hospital (via main entrance) (10am to 3pm, 7 days)
Nepean Hospital (via West Block entrance) (10:30am to 6pm, 7 days)
Hawkesbury Hospital (a mobile clinic van) (10am- to 3pm, Monday to Friday)
Zenith Family Practice is a bulk billing practice. Patients with current Medicare cards will have no out-of-pocket costs for standard appointments in most cases, as it will be billed directly to Medicare.
These clinics are for people who have:
- travelled overseas in the last 14 days AND also have symptoms similar to a cold or flu
- had close contact with a loved one or other person who has confirmed diagnosis of COVID
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District and our hospitals have well-established plans for handling respiratory infections, like COVID-19 and influenza.
These plans are reviewed regularly and updated to reflect the latest advice and research.
Staff are trained in world’s best practice for infection control and prevention which helps to keep our patients, visitors and staff safe.